Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Changes

The month of May is a frenzy of activity. I'm prepping for vacation while simultaneously making arrangements to move. I began by cleaning out my room only to make the horrible realization that I'm a pack rat. It's bad. I've got so much junk around here it's ridiculous.

This week my brother's fiance is in town with her family. I'm going to have dinner with them tomorrow. It should be a good chance to brush up on my Spanish.

This month is bringing a lot of change. Good friends are leaving, old friendships are changing, and new friendships are developing. I guess that's just how things go.

In a few days I leave for vacation. I plan on using this time to do a little introspection, gain a better perspective of my life, and fill a few chinks in my soul. I've got some good books for the flight and am going to be sure to bring a journal.

The thing I love most about traveling (especially when abroad) is the feeling I have of living in the moment. There is nothing I love more than realizing there really is nowhere else in the world I would rather be at a given moment in time. It's a feeling I easily get when climbing the Great Wall or visiting the Equator. It's a bit more elusive when driving to work or doing laundry. Still, there must be a way to appreciate the "now" without doling out a lot of cash.

Lots of things have been on my mind lately so I'm certain to have a flurry of activity when I return. Maybe some photos too!

No comments: