Sunday, January 3, 2010

Turn Around

I spend more than I make.

I have one resolution this year. All of my willpower will be concentrated into changing my current habits. If I do not, the only thing my future holds is financial ruin. I am not being melodramatic. Things must change.

I'm writing this in the midst of a project to clean out my room. I've been working on it over the course of the past few months and thought I was pretty much done. However, something is different tonight. Instead of rearranging the items in my room and tossing out a few things here and there, I'm actually going through the drawers, boxes, and containers that hold my possessions. I have discovered they contain a whole lot of crap. I never want this to happen again.

I've established a 12/2010 goal to be debt free and have a specific amount of money in my long-term savings account. It's ambitious but attainable.

2010 will also hold some changes for this blog. I'm going to post at least once a week and plan on working to improve the quality of my posts. Since I've worked through the "gay thing" for the most part, it's time for a new direction. I've got an idea or two for a couple of series and want to talk about religion and atheism more than I have before.

Let's make this the best year ever. Cheers.

3 comments:

Pomoprophet said...

Thats a great thing! Having money problems taken care of will take a huge load of stress off your shoulders. It just makes life easier. Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Woot! Go you. And I kept up my end of the bargain, and it's not even midnight yet. Oh, and another woot for weekly blogging.

Ophir said...

Haha, I'm also cleaning out my room. I just went through my desk drawers. Amongst my finds: taxi receipts from 2006, happy 18th birthdays cards, analgesic ointment which expired in 2007, gift certificates to a store that doesn't exist anymore, and euros, pounds and reais.

I have lots of resolutions for 2010 and I intend to keep them.

I look forward to your thoughts on religion, atheism and whatever else. Hope to catch up soon.