Friday, December 26, 2008

75 Things

Because it's my blog and I'll do what I want to:

1. I was born in California
2. I went to 5 elementary schools
3. Airports are one of my favorite things
4. Spending the night in airports is not one of my favorite things
5. Old school Nickelodeon shows rock
6. Old school Disney shows (especially So Weird) rock
7. When I was a kid I read ever single Peanuts comic strip collection
8. I like the person I am today more than the person I was four years ago
9. I thought I was a pretty good person 4 years ago
10. When nobody's home I like to dance
11. I never dance in public
12. Buying things for people makes me happy
13. Bookstores are magical
14. Jamie Cullum songs speak to my soul
15. Singing at the top of my lungs to Brandi Carlile can dramatically alter my mood
16. The popcorn at Target always smells delicious but tastes disappointing
17. When I go to the movies I avoid wearing button fly jeans because they are awkward at urinals
18. Number 17 may have been TMI
19. One day I would like to have a scholarship named after me
20. I don't like hot liquids (though I can manage hot tea when abroad, chamomile is my favorite)
21. Tommy was my favorite Power Ranger.
22. I have had a crush on Matthew Lawrence since Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad
23. Forrest Gump always makes me teary-eyed
24. You've Got Mail is my favorite romantic comedy
25. Emperor's New Groove is my favorite movie of all time
26. I would like to learn Arabic
27. Traveling the world has a permanent place on my "to do" list
28. Mexico is my next international destination (followed by Turkey)
29. I was a Royal Ranger
30. Veggie Tales amuse me
31. Esther is my favorite book of the Bible
32. Not auditioning for the school play is my only high school regret
33. High school was kind to me
34. Middle school was not kind to me
35. College was awesome
36. I'm pretty sure grad school is going to kick ass.
37. Eliminating global hunger is a dream of mine
38. I don't do enough to help those in need
39. Making this list is harder than I thought it would be
40. Express is the source of 80% of my work attire
41. One of my biggest fears is getting fat
42. I weigh 152 pounds
43. I am short, 5'8 (rounding up)
44. Skechers are my favorite shoes
45. I used to work in a shoe store
46. CST is my favorite time zone
47. 12+ books need to be read (most are new)
48. Writing a book is another life goal
49. Pinecar Derbies are awesome
50. Camping is not awesome
51. I prefer the mountains to the beach
52. I've never been drunk and don't care that much for alcohol
53. Margaritas are an exception
54. My iMac brings me joy
55. I have a Miley Cyrus song in my iTunes library
56. Kids would be nice in the very distant future
57. Living abroad is something I dream about
58. Every now and then I dream of being independently wealthy
59. A Lexus iS would be sweet
60. I will probably buy a Honda Fit
61. My car is named Rhonda and I plan on staying together until death do us part
62. Ephraim is one my favorite boy's names
63. Jasmine is one of my favorite girl's names
64. I am hyper competitive at board games
65. I hate it when my roommate beats me at Scrabble because it hurts my ego
66. Vampire Weekend is super white, but super awesome
67. Oxford commas are amazing
68. Rollercoasters bring me joy
69. The ability of Americans to queue up astounds me
70. I can eat an entire 7oz. Hershey's bar in one day
71. Thin Mint girl scout cookies are delicious
72. I spend an unhealthy amount of time on YouTube
73. Cookies in general are a big part of my life
74. I use an aluminum water bottle now
75. This was going to be a 100 item list, but I am tired.

2 comments:

Ophir said...

1. Lucky you! I lived in California, but wasn't born there.
2. I only went to 3.
26. You should, it's a beautiful language with a rich literary and philosophical tradition. It's also an increasingly important language to know in the west, and would probably be an asset on any resume. Learning another language is a full time job, though, so you should be really serious and make sure you have enough time before you start. Why do want to learn Arabic, if I may ask? [I unfortunately don't speak Arabic, and it's a constant source of frustration, but it's one of the things I intend to do in this new year which is coming upon us]
28. If you want to learn Arabic you could also consider somewhere in the Arab world (and you could combine it with Turkey - Istanbul, I hear, is not to be missed).
29. I had to google that to know what you were talking about.
31. Interesting, why's that? It is perhaps indicative of your current religious state that you've chosen the most secular book in the Bible and one of the only two which doesn't mention God.
37. Ambitious!
46. I hope you live in it, then. When I was thirteen and longing to get away from where I was I would set my clock to the local time in my desired destination. But don't do that, it's weird and I grew out of it.
47. Read more, and watch youtube less. There are so many mindless distractions these days which interfere with more important things.
49. I can't even be bothered to google at this point.
50. Oh yes it is!
64. I hope you lose graciously.
65. I once lost a game of Scrabble to my nine-year-old cousin. That was embarrassing. But it's not fair as our aunt and grandmother were helping him.
66. I like their song "A Freak", don't really know anything else so can't judge if they're actually good or hip poseurs. The lead singer's kinda cute.
67. The song or the actual commas?
68. I love roller coasters but there's a dearth of good ones where I live.
73. This is one of the funniest sentences I've read in a while. I mean that positively. Are you the heir to a cookie empire or do you just really like cookies?

freelancer said...

I think Arabic is beautiful and useful! I am very interested in learning more about cultures I don't know a lot about. I will have to make sure I have the time and resources available before jumping in.

The "for such a time as this" theme of Esther is what appeals to me. It's just a great story too!

I do live in CST!

I like both the song and the punctuation "oxford comma"

I just really like cookies.