Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dreams

The past two nights I've had disturbing dreams. In the first I was angry because I had to be somewhere at a specific time and was late. However, nobody else I was with seemed to care. I shouted and shouted but nobody was reacting. I was so angry. I think I woke up angry. It was very odd.

The same thing happened last night. However, this dream was much more violent. I had been shot in the arm by a family member who was not at all concerned because he deemed it God's will. He was so firm in his religious conviction that it did not bother him that he physically harmed me. In this dream I was much angrier than in the prior night's. I wonder if my blood pressure increased while I was asleep. It was alarming to say the least. I generally don't have quite so vivid dreams (at least I don't remember them).

I've nearly finished the His Dark Materials series. The first two books were my favorites. I'm finding myself having trouble making it through the third. Still, I would recommend them.

Enjoy your holiday weekend (for those of you in the States).

3 comments:

Alec said...

I've read the "His Dark Materials" books as well. When I saw the movie and read the first book, I could not understand why people considered them so bad, that is until I read the last two. I think they are very well written but I was a little disturbed by the second two books.

David said...

I loved The Subtle Knife. I agree with you though, the third book is not very good. It's like someone held a gun to his head and said, "finish this storyline now!"

freelancer said...

The Subtle knife is indeed my favorite. I just love the whole concept.

You are right about the third one. Haha.