Monday, October 5, 2009

Boyfriend Weather

I'll start off with a few random tidbits.

I have had a friend suggestion on my Facebook homepage for several months and just found out that the guy passed away. It was quite the shocker. Facebook still wants me to add him as a friend. I've actually spent a lot of time thinking about how my digital presence will be managed once I die. Hopefully I won't have to worry about that for awhile.

Being a grown-up now has brought about a lot of changes. One struck me as I was driving past Toys R Us on Saturday. I remembered how awesome that store was when I was a kid. It was my favorite. I would beg to go there with my parents. Now my favorite store is Costco. I get super excited about buying giant bags of Cape Cod Chips and 36 count packages of toilet paper. What has happened to me?

A pet peeve that has come with being an adult is dry cleaning. It's such an inconvenience. Plus, it never fails that I'm wearing a pair of pants I want to get cleaned whenever I go to pick up what I had dropped off earlier.

The weather has changed here and it's beyond amazing. I'm running a 5K next week and can't wait. I'm also finally beginning Phase 2 of my plan to get in shape.

The weather can overall mood makes me want to date. It's just seems romantic all of a sudden. We could go explore the farmer's market, check out the Rachmaninoff concerto, or see David Sedaris speak when he comes to town. I have a rather large list of places and things I would like to do as part of a couple and I hope to one day start using them. In the meantime, I still do all these things, but just with friends.

Until next time.

7 comments:

Pomoprophet said...

Fall is BF weather... good call! Congrats on getting in shape. Running a 5k is a big deal! Good for you! Last month I decided to simplify my online life. I compiled all my account info and passwords into a document and removed all personal information from sites I no longer use. Now if something happens someone can log in and close the accounts one by one.

veritas_ex_nihilo said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the weather! I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I've finally pulled out all my scarves and sweaters.

Glad to hear things are going well with you!

This is Phantom, by the way.

freelancer said...

Hey Pomo! I've done a similar thing. I've also written them down and hidden them in my room. I need to update it though. I've got a ton of accounts!

Hello "CLD!" I've been wondering about you lately! How are you? What's new! I miss hearing from you. Feel free to e-mail me! I've got the address listed on the site now!

freelancer said...

Please forgive my abuse and misuse of exclamation points in the above comment. Hahaha.

veritas_ex_nihilo said...

Things are well! Had a lot going on lately. Moved into a new apartment and got a new job. All the typical stress that goes along with those types of things, as I'm sure you well know.

I've been meaning to post a comment on here for awhile to let you know I hadn't disappeared, but I haven't been on my usual blog circuit as often as I like.

I was going to send this to you as an email, but due to my incompetence I was unable to find the address! Haha.

thinkrqp said...

Hey! It's my fault about the e-mail thing. I tweaked profiles and whatnot. You should be able to see it now, if not, it's "thinkrqp(at)gmail.com".

The "at" is obvious an "@" but I'm trying to foil spammers! Hahaha.

Ophir said...

Boyfriend weather?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist that)