Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Down From the Clouds

Good Evening

While on the plane this morning my mind was abuzz. I wrote down a quick list of 25 things that were on my mind and that I needed to hash out. The urgency was extreme and I felt like ranting about several topics.

Not anymore.

While I do intend to address the list and start blogging about more serious things, I am in no rush. I am not angry, stressed, or worried. I am at peace. Returning home today the grass seemed greener and the sunshine brighter than when I left. I know it's terrible corny, but it was actually true. Home is quite lovely and I enjoy being here.

During the past two weeks I was away. I was in the Andes mountains in a relatively large town helping out at a school and spending time with some people that are extremely dear to me. I was in the clouds, literally, and the scenery was astounding. Erupting volcanoes and massive green mountains are mighty impressive.

While in the mountains I was in extreme conflict. I was having a crisis of faith and trying to figure out why the hell I believe what I believe. Am I complete idiot? My faith was on fire for the first time ever for the past 10 weeks, but then began to die down once again. I needed the coals to be stirred. Thankfully that happened the last Sunday before I left.

I am brushing up on my apologetics* and it is exhausting. My mind needs rest and time to digest. If C.S. Lewis uses one more literary allusion that I do not know, I am going to scream! Haha, it's not really that crucial...

*I did not know what apologetics was until February of this year. I was so afraid of my own faith it is tragic. Now I am diving in and understanding and working things out for myself (with the counsel and input of people I respect).

1 comment:

MR said...

"Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." - Acts 17:11

Like the Bereans, you should search the Scriptures and know what you believe yourself, not just accept what you have been taught. God will certainly help you in your search!