Friday, May 23, 2008

Life Update and Mild Ranting(?)

Greetings.

I have to say that I am ridiculously blessed. I have more than I deserve. Contentment*, while quite elusive, is so wonderful when found. I cherish these times.

Even though I have not even started my new job, I got a transfer! My new position will be with some awesome people and will involve a lot more travel. I will be be gone up to 40% of the year with potential trips to Canada and Mexico. Hooray! This next week I am working on cleaning up my apartment and organizing the chaos that is my closet. A Goodwill trip is definitely in order. Additionally, I have a ton of people to catch up with. While I do enjoy the land of the Internet, I have a ton of real life people that I need to interact with. I will most likely be slowing down on my posting. Feel free to send an e-mail though, I am always up for conversation.

Hmmm...I was once again going to launch into a rant, but I will save it. I think I will work it out in another post and turn it into a discussion. I have softened so much, in the past I would have associated this with weakness, but not anymore.

I have decided to take a break from reading too many "deep" books. It's time for some light summer fare. Okay, Frank McCourt and Jhumpa Lahiri may not exactly be "light", but they are lighter than the business lit, philosophy, and theology books that have been my recent companions.

I recommend you read The Black Swan.

I leave you with a quote from Sara Groves (in my opinion one of the best lyricists/singers today):

"Love and pride can't occupy the same spaces baby, and only one makes you free..."


*The contentment is not a direct result of material things. There are many, many other factors involved.

No comments: