Friday, May 2, 2008

Hard To Comprehend

Tomorrow I graduate. It is so hard to believe. I'm done! I still can't fathom it. It is going to be a crazy day tomorrow, but I cannot wait. Friends and family are coming to a party at my parent's house.

Today I had jury duty selection. All potential jurors must drive down to the convention center. We had to pay 5 dollars to park! The jury commissioner apologized for the inconvenience. Downtown was also crowded because of a big event we have every May. Nevertheless, I enjoy driving downtown. While stressful, I love seeing the big buildings, trolley, and river. Anyways, there were around 2000 people there! I ended up getting out in an hour and a half. They were mighty efficient.

Tonight I had a "30 days" chat with my Mom and I left in exceedingly good spirits. I was very honest with her and she was very honest with me. We talked about the different sides of the debate and how an individual understands the bible. She had some pleasantly surprising things to say! She might adjust to this faster than I do, haha. I also mentioned the possibility of a relationship in the future, but that I am still unsure about it. Also, she just finished a book by Barbara Johnson that chronicled her son coming out. She said it really helped her understand that other mom's have been in the same boat. In other news, she may have accidentally outed me to the grandparents who think Ellen is bad for society. It's all good though!

There is a guy who has a bit of a crush on me at school. I had to let him down easy and I feel bad. He seems nice, but I am NOT ready for a relationship at this point in time. I am standing firm and will not pursue anything until I get the "ok" from God (so to speak) and until I am comfortable. I feel like a jerk even though I was very upfront that I was not looking to date from our first conversation.

Well, I am going to read for a bit and then go to bed. I am such a party animal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...on graduation, on your openness with your mother.
Keep seeking truth!