Monday, September 15, 2008

Letters

I really enjoy sending letters/notes to people. I enjoy picking out stationery, writing things by hand, sealing the envelope, putting on the stamp, and whisking it away via the USPS. I especially love sending packages. I just wanted to share the joy and encourage you to write a letter the next time you want to talk to someone.

My last post was a horrible reminder of my own humanity. I tend to perceive myself as stoic and cold, but that's far from the case. However, I do fear becoming too cynical and jaded, but I doubt that will really happen. I am a big fan of whimsy and it has the lovely effect of negating cynicism.

Hope is returning in fuller force to my life. It's not that it had completely receded, it was just less tangible. For a long while I felt ennui creeping in like some vapor cloud as I swung furiously with a golf club beating it off (a futile endeavor). I know that is an odd choice of imagery, but it was truly the picture I got whenever I closed my eyes over the past couple of months.

I do wonder if I am too candid on this blog and am curious what picture of myself I have painted. Am I a crazy, self-absorbed, pretentious twentysomething or some overthinking, moody, pseudo-intellectual? Hopefully I leave a positive impression, I try to be a positive force in the real world. Still, I have a nasty habit of caring too much about the impressions of others. Nevertheless, I try not to sugarcoat what I write about and strive for authenticity.

This post is quite meaningless. I am going to work diligently to complete some posts I have been saving for quite some time. I try to be like a certain someone (well, someones) whose posts I find are generally well thought out and poignant.

Good Night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE writing and sending letters. It really is an art form, though alas it would seem a dying one! I have a little set of stationary, a quill pen, and even a wax seal with my initials. Nice to know you appreciate such things!