Sunday, January 4, 2009

Fresh Start

This year holds a lot of promise. I get the same feeling at the start of every new year. It's a blank slate. I don't know why this specific date on the calendar seems to offer more hope and opportunity for change than any other time of the year, but it does.

The old posts I mentioned I was going to publish have been scrapped. There is just no need. Most of them were not anything important anyhow. Really, none of what I write here is especially important. It is merely a place I share my thoughts, feelings, and frustrations. Thanks for tuning in.

This weekend I went to Chicago. I must say it was the best trip I have had in quite sometime. While the family vacation to Orlando was nice, it is quite a different feeling spending quality time with just you and a friend. We hit up all the main tourist spots (Millennium Park, Field Museum, The Magnificent Mile, Garrett's Popcorn, etc.) and even had a chance to see Wicked. It was absolutely delightful. I may even post some photos. No promises though.

This year really seems to hold a lot of potential. It's another year of big change, as I hope all the years of my life will be. Maintaining the status quo will never appear on my "to-do" list.

I hope your 2009 kicked off as well as mine.

No comments: