Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winter Update

A few weeks ago I provided a life update, but I feel like doing another. I'm really sleepy and don't feel like delving into any deep thoughts. Alas, I cannot go to sleep as I am expecting a visitor in a few minutes.

Right now my hoodie smells like Starbucks. I like it.

A few weeks ago I was looking up Mars Hill Church (Rob Bell's). I ended up stumbling upon a Mars Hill Church website that really freaked me out. Tonight I realized I had visited the wrong one! The site I went to was Mark Driscoll's church. No wonder it was so scary! No offense to my Calvinist friends.

Despite my best efforts I have not been able to stop my obsession with hashing out what I do and do not believe when it comes to God. I keep telling myself I will take a break, but keep getting sucked back in. At this rate I am going to learn Greek so I can read the ancient texts myself.

Due to the fact I have approximately 25 books sitting unread (most of them new) I have made a pact with a friend that we will not buy any new books until we have finished reading 4. In time, my surplus should be eliminated.

I've been perpetually sleep deprived this week and it appears the problem will persist into the weekend. Ideally I will be back to a decent schedule by Monday.

Today I realized that I have got to start working out. Hello running shoes, it's been awhile.

I have listened to the new Killers cd approximately 20 times. I'm completely addicted and I don't know why.

Until next time.

No comments: