Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Epiphany-lite"

Hello Internet!

I must say, this time of doubt has proven quite taxing, but has far from demolished my faith. In fact, it is making my faith worth having. I have come to the realization that doubt must exist in order to have faith. It's okay. I am also learning to live with unknowledge. Life is perplexing. Truth is elusive. Objectivity does not really exist. I cannot have all the answers I want. I must choose to move forward.

Here is a statement about faith that I found quite accurate: "In a sense a person keeps finding faith and then becoming frustrated with it and in a sense losing it, and then finding a better version of it, and so on --something like a software upgrade."

My version 2.0 is going to look very different than what I currently run. Right now I am just experiencing some downtime before rebooting. Thank you for allowing me to carry the metaphor too far.

I know I keep saying I will post something meaty or philosophical, but I have not really taken the time to sit down and flesh out my thoughts. Maybe soon, maybe not. I have other pressing matters to attend to. There are books to read, papers to write, apartments to clean, and Wii games to beat! Plus, my social calendar is quite full.

My new job is great. I love my co-workers and will get to do some traveling in the very near future. It's no place exotic, but changes in scenery are always appreciated. Hopefully I will be going to Toronto (slightly exotic) later this fall.

Please enjoy the photo below:

This is a great diner in town. It makes me hungry. Time for a turkey and spinach sandwich. Goodnight.

No comments: