Monday, June 16, 2008

Work

I have to say, I have been much more relaxed today than I have been in the past four weeks. The anxiety is fading. I think a part of it might actually have been allergy related (I know that probably sounds random, but I realized that this is the time of year I have breathing difficulties triggered by allergies). That was a complete misuse of parenthesis.

This post will be all over the place. I don't know why I feel it is important for me to warn you. I am not forcing to you to read this.

Stigma. It's a bitch. It keeps people from talking about things that really matter. What I am referring to today is mental illness. I have a quite a few friends that are on medication for a variety of illnesses (anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder) and I feel sorry for them. They (well, most of them) keep this a complete secret. It's their secret shame. Even I find myself automatically distancing myself from those who have struggled with depression. They might be crazy! What's so sad is that I went through a bout of depression for a period of time in my life. Still, I am hesitant to ever mention it lest people think I am still depressed or a weak human being. Pride gets in the way of a lot of healing and prevents a lot of love from coming into our lives. What a shame!

I have a business trip next week! It's just one state over and it's in the middle of nowhere, but I still get to have a change of scenery. Also, I had something to do today which made me very happy. Boredom is evil. I am programmed to work. I have to get things accomplished! It really brightens your whole day.

Every so often it rains while the sun is shining. My mother calls it "liquid sunshine" because that's what they called it in Hawaii where she grew up. It's quite fitting.

I am buying a new computer. I am going to pay cash. It's going to be shiny, and fast, and I can get Skype! Hooray!

Well, it's time for me to do some laundry, tidy the room, and take the brownies out of the oven!

Peace sure is lovely.

1 comment:

JJ said...

I found your blog... well, through your comment on my blog. I've only read a few posts so far, but I'll be reading more -- I just have to get ready for work. But I just wanted to say hi! Oh, and that "flavour" is the correct spelling. (grin). You Americans are always dropping the letter "u"... in "colour" and "honour" and "favourite"...