Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Purge

Two posts in one day...I really need a life!

So, I am all packed for my business trip. Let's just say I am banking on the hotel having an iron because my business casual attire is going to get mighty wrinkly.

Today was a great day. I got to get a lot of things done that have been on my mind. I called my grandparents, visited with some neighbors, and tidied up the house. I also cleared off quite a few shows from the DVR. As you know, a cluttered DVR is a cluttered mind. While organizing my life (exercising control over my small dominion) I decided I was going to work harder towards being the person I want to be. I suppose this was inspired quite a bit by Jay's post, but it has been on my mind for quite awhile. I have grown light years from the guy I was freshman year, but I have a lot more growing to do. The first major change is what I call "the purge". I am going to declutter my life and get rid of all the unnecessary stuff I have. It's time to take inventory of what I have and get rid of what I don't need. It's time to see where my money is going and be a better steward of my resources.

Here are my 5 phases:

1) Closets (casual and dress/shoe)
2) Under the bed
3) Desk, Dresser, TV Cart
4) Kitchen
5) Bookcase/Magazine Collection

I am also working on developing other goals. I have started running again and it is a great way to relieve stress. I also plan on getting closer to my grandparents. I am ashamed at how distant we are. Additionally, I plan on investing more in people/relationships. I am going to make a difference and I am going to ensure the people that mean a lot to me know they mean a lot to me.

No comments: