Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Breathe In

I was working on a post about Unrequited Love, but it turned out terribly. I ended up with some awful stream-of-conscious post that must have been a result of a failed attempt to channel my inner Faulkner. It is currently in draft and I will work to mold it into something worth posting. Maybe it will be absorbed into the post about Love I keep meaning to write. I find that when I do sit down to work out a serious post, I am overcome by a passionate side of myself that is far more emotional than the guy I perceive myself to be. Maybe this emotional side sucks at putting thought to "paper".

The weather today has been amazing. I love overcast weather and 60's-70's are ideal for me. My goal for the day was to run a mile, but I think I fell slightly shy of it.

Anyhow, I am the proud owner of a new inhaler. This has significantly helped my breathing this allergy season and is what enabled me to run this evening. I have been working on slowing down my mind and taking in the sights and sounds around me. I don't want to brush through life in a hurry. I want to stop and appreciate things.

As I turned the corner near the bus stop, the bus roared off leaving a cloud of exhaust. As I inhaled the fumes a cool breeze came in and I was transported to the Mall de Los Andes in Ambato, Ecuador. There the exhaust from the line of taxis can overwhelm you, while the views of the mountains make you forget the pollution choking you. The weather there is perfect, never oppressive.

Continuing down the street I passed the library and an odd perfume in the air shifted my thoughts to the Lilac festival in Rochester. I knew I was not smelling lilacs in Memphis, TN but inside my head I was still wandering the park with all of the purple plants in bloom.

Tonight I am going to hang out with a friend, buy a book, pick up the new Aqualung CD (hopefully), and watch PR.

Good Night.

No comments: