Sunday, October 12, 2008

Observations

Do you ever have realizations that you should have made much, much earlier and you feel silly afterward for all the time it took you to figure things out?

I will provide a few trivial examples, but this can apply to much bigger subjects.

My chapstick is always on the ground. I can never find it on my desk but sure enough it can be found on the floor. For months I have been thinking it must be because when I move stuff around I knock it off the desk. However, I just realized the problem is that chapstick rolls! It rolls right off the desk! All the time! Now, surely being the intelligent person I am, I should have put two and two together much sooner. However, it did not happen until this morning.

It took me until this spring to realize that "Kwikset" keys were called that because they can make you a "Quick Set". Now I understand the name of the company.

Because I repressed my sexuality so much and focused all of my energy on finding a girl to be attracted to and marry, I never realized how powerful sexual attraction could be. Chastity is not as easy as I once I assumed it would be. Especially since I am pursing individuals I am sexually attracted to. I should be more careful in my judgement of those I see as promiscuous or shallow in their convictions.

No comments: