Saturday, October 11, 2008

Suburbia

So, I have big news. I have a realtor! It was completely by accident. I went to go see an apartment this afternoon and it turned out to be a disappointment. The guy who showed it to me was not very knowledgeable and I think he had a hangover. I was sad because I had planned on asking him lots of questions.

Anyway, on my way to see this apartment I passed by some condos that I have been wanting to see for quite some time. They are a little bit of a stretch for my budget, but they were having an open house. They are beautiful and the condo fee is quite affordable! She asked if I had an agent and I said I didn't. I told her my timeline and she recommended a mortgage broker and everything. She was so friendly and I did not pick up any sketchy vibes from her at all. I am ridiculously excited. I may be getting my very own starter home/condo this spring. You can come visit me (as long as you are not creepy or crazy).

This morning I went out to suburbia to rescue my parents dogs from doggie jail (a.k.a. the kennel). They were delighted to be free. As I was driving to the house I realized the suburbs are not so bad. Although I like to say that suburbs are where souls go to die, they are so very pleasant and enticing. The houses are big and clean. There is virtually no crime. You can hear birds chirping. They can really take you in. You could build an entirely false reality out there.

Like always my mind is constantly obsessed with weighty topics, but I have made such tremendous progress in enjoying life. It's pretty grand.

That's all for now.

No comments: