Friday, April 25, 2008

3 Exams Left

I am a slacker. My motivation at work has dwindled. I am currently making a spreadsheet. Excel is fun to use. I am such a nerd. I love simple sentences.

I only have 3 more exams left! After that I am free from school...FOREVER!!! Well, I do plan on going to graduate school. So, I am really just free from school FOR 1-3 YEARS UNTIL I DECIDE WHERE I WANT TO GO. Nevertheless, it's exciting.

I don't have anything serious to talk about. While I have been in an immense philosophical mood lately, I don't really feel like sharing. Other things are on my mind (good and bad). Tonight I am having my birthday dinner and getting a chance to hang out with some awesome people. Some of these folks I won't be seeing much in the future. We will be moving across the city, state, and globe this summer. Other thoughts consuming my time are the beautiful weather (although it is almost too warm), my busy "to-do" list, graduation, the wedding I am attending tomorrow, the wedding I am attending next month, my trip to Ecuador, taking my car to the shop, spending time with my family, and more. I am placing "unraveling the mysteries of the universe" on the back-burner until next month.

Last night I went out with a friend to an acapella concert. I won't lie, we were partly there to scout out guys. It's hilarious because we both have extremely similar preferences so we are always talking about the same ones. FYI, I still do not date just to date. I was just "window shopping". While I am open to the idea of a relationship, I am in no hurry. Also, I am just not sure I have the patience to date right now. Taking care of my crazy friends is taxing enough!

Soapbox time: I feel like I am always having to defend my singleness to people. It's probably more of a perceived thing than a real thing. Nobody seems to understand that it is okay not to be dating. Singleness is not a disease that needs to be cured. Also, I am not just "putting on a brave front" when I appear happy. There truly are happy single people. Also, there are a TON of miserable married/partnered/dating people. Why the obsession with pairing everyone off? I don't think anyone believes me when I say that I am ok being single! This rant may not help my case. I can see people nodding their head saying "Look at this poor soul, so desperate to appear happy...he should really meet my friend..." Haha.

Hooray for sunshine and Pandora Radio.

I better get back to work or they are going to start questioning why I haven't accomplished anything this week!

2 comments:

Brendon said...

I know what you mean! I have family and friends who ask me all the time when I'm going to be with someone, and they constantly keep trying to hook me up, but it's like they don't understand I don't want to be with anyone right now. Other than the occasional moments of loneliness, I'm actually fairly content being single. But you make a good point about married life and such not always being the best either and people being unhappy in those situations as well.

Anyway, good post. :)

Brandon

MR said...

I am tempted to joke about stereotypes of guys you find at acapella concerts, but I will exercise my right to remain silent.

The longer I remain single, the less often people ask me about it. When they do, I take it as an invitation to talk about my happiness with Jesus Christ and how I actually enjoy being single.